Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Carpenter's






When I think of music and the music I love,  The Carpenter's come to my mind.  Below, is their official website with tons of information you might enjoy.   Their unique voice has thrilled me and stirred me since i was a teen boy.  The 1970's was a big decade in my life and the Carpenter's were with me all the way.   They were the biggest-selling group of the 1970's in music.  Richard and Karen Carpenter, brother and sister and tons of musical talent.  They made it big.



Karen left this world February 4, 1983.  A sad day for all who loved her and her beautiful music.  I play her songs often here at my desk, and close my eyes and remember.   I remember  the days of my youth.   She is gone now.   She would be 62 now if she had lived but she is forever 33.   Frozen in time and in our hearts, the beautiful woman and voice.  Rachard and Karen Carpenter were a mighty team, and they made beautiful music together.   Richard has continued to be the keeper of the legacy and continues  in many projects.   Here is a link that tells a lot about his life.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Carpenter_(musician)

Here are songs that she would sing with her brother at her side.  These are my favorites.

YESTERDAY ONCE MORE

CLOSE TO YOU

TOP OF THE WORLD

WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS

PLEASE MR POSTMAN

ONLY YESTERDAY

BLESS THE BEAST AND THE CHILDREN

END OF THE WORLD

FOR ALL WE KNOW

I WON'T LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU

LEADER OF THE PACK

Music is such a powerful force in our world.   I love all kinds of music.   But, the Carpenter's are very, very special to me.   I wish now Karen and Richard Carpenter were in my home town and I could buy a ticket and wait in line for a seat and listen to them, ONCE AGAIN.  



http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/




No comments: