Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Suggestion # 9 On Bible Study

 
 
 
 
 
Suggestion # 9 On Studying The Bible: Application! The Bible is no ordinary book! We should NOT be reading it like some American novel or American history book. We are reading the Word of God! Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ (Matt. 7:21-23). 
 
We must be doers of the word "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." (James 1:22). I urge you to keep notebooks. Write the date, the text you are studying, and write a summary of what that text really means. Do this after you have done your studies or as you are working on your studies. Then, write up ways you can live the text, to really live it and apply it in your life, everyday.  
 
The Bible is a book of life, for your life, and it is to be lived. I have sit in so many Bible classes over the years of my life in which the class was dry and dead. No life application was made. The class ended with no life application. Shameful. Maybe the poor teacher did his best, I don't know. But, that kind of class does little good. May God help us in our teaching to apply the text to life. The Bible is alive, it is able to transform your life and make you into the image God desires. Live for God. Begin, by allowing His Word to live in you. Apply your Bible study to your life, job, family, relationships, business, everything. In all you do, give glory to God! (Col. 3:17).
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: