Monday, June 23, 2014

PREACHING THE WORD!

Paul taught the evangelist/preacher what he should have as his primary focus. So often the work and expectations of the local preacher is connected to so many ideas and none of which have much to do with the New Testament. Let us go back to I & II Timothy and see what God through Paul taught as to the great work of the evangelist/preacher.
I combined many thoughts presented by Paul and placed in various categories.
1. Be a good example to all (I Tim. 4:12)
...
2. Give time to personal study and development (I Tim. 4:13, 15, 16; 2:Tim. 2:15)
3. War a good warfare (I Tim. 1:18; 6:20; 2 Tim. 2:4).
4. Show no partiality or prejudice in applying the truth of God (I Tim. 5:21)
5. Prepare and train others to carry on after you (2 Tim. 2:2ff).
6. Be a good soldier...avoid entanglements in the affairs of this world. Keep focused on your mission (2 Tim. 2:4).
7. Preach the word...and only the word (I Tim. 1:3,4; 4:6ff; 5:20). Do the work of an evangelist (2 Tim. 4:5ff).

No comments: