Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where Is God?

Many say, where is God? I do not see Him or hear Him. Oh my, you can have eyes and not see and ears and not hear. I see God constantly every day. I hear His voice through the pages of the Bible and it echoes throughout nature and the Universe.

Where is God? I see Him at the hospital when I walk by the baby section and see all the newborns. There He is in their faces and their little bodies. Those babies have just arrived to earth fresh from the Father's arms. The miracle of life. I see Him as I walk through the forest and feel the breeze blow against my face and hear the sound of the leaves and the trees and the birds. I see Him every Sunday when I see so many of His people gathering together to praise Him and there I sense His presence. I see Him at the hospital again and again and again when I pray for the sick and later return to find they have gone home and are well. Praise God! I see Him at the Nursing Home, when I see aged men and women filled with love and kindness and prayer. I see Him at Wal Mart when someone drops their wallet and a stranger finds it and runs after the owner to give it to them. He has your back! I see Him in little children as they play and laugh. I see Him in our Military, fireman, ambulance personnel and police who have promised to give their lives to keep us all safe. I see Him in a mother's love holding her baby and watching and caring for her children. I see Him in a father out in the park flying a kite with the children. I see Him as this one and that one goes here and there taking food to feed the hungry and clothing to those in need. Yes, He is everywhere! Everywhere!

I see Him in pain and disaster. Even though, because of the nature of this world accidents, storms, pain and sorrow is all around us, I see God there. Even when children and men and women die, there is God. For we see only the physical world and cannot see except through eyes of faith the rest of the story. How many deaths, terrible troubles, and pains and sorrows does the God of Heaven hold back from earth every day and how many lives has he saved every day? How many times have your drove on the highways of America and would have died but God intervened and saved you because you still had something to do that needed to be done. They mystery of the Almighty! Even in that He speaks. The rest of the story! The rest of the story! Oh my God!
I see Him holding the tornadoes back and so saving thousands of lives. He restrains the wind and even the winds and the seas obey His voice. I see Him as millions across America and around the world send trucks of relief and millions of dollars to help those in storms and sorrow. There He is wrapping His arms around them. He is that stranger that runs into that building that is burning down and saves the kids and then vanishes in the night. He is there. He is the donor out of nowhere that sends that check that buys a new house for a boy crippled in an accident. He buys the handicap house so as to give comfort. I hear His voice in a million prayers that are prayed every hour and I hear Him in sweet words of love and comfort. I hear Him in all the beauty of Nature. There He is and there He speaks. Oh my friend, if you do not see God and if you do not Hear Him, then it is you that has closed your ears and eyes to Him. God is everywhere and He is speaking and He loves us all! Even here in my office alone, I sense His presence! Praise His name!

No comments: