Friday, July 12, 2013

Rational Thought

I find great joy in understanding. Even those that I may not agree with. To seek to understand what they believe and why they believe such. I find such to be a great adventure. I do believe there is a need for a healthy respect for rational thought, however. We should strive for excellence in our thinking and mind and seek to be true with the evidence. There was once a healthy respect for logic in our land. No more.
 
 Logic deals with communication and argumentation. By argumentation I do not me "nasty fights" but about logical and rational argumentation to discuss issues and learn and grow. Logic deals with rules of evidences and what is a sound argument and an unsound argument. Not all ideas are good and not all ideas are true. I seek to be one that investigates. Even if I do not agree with your conclusions, I will try to understand your thought process and learn from such. If you hold something dear to your heart, then convince me of it. I am all ears and my mind is open. But, please be true with the evidence, and please use rational thought processes. Some believe what they believe and will never listen to anything else that goes counter to that. Such is a hopeless discussion and a waste of time. Let us think, ponder, consider and enjoy the great adventure of ideas.

No comments: