Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Let's Grow The Body!

 
 
Let's Grow The Body!

Some people tear churches down and some build churches up. Which are you? Do you judge success by how many people are leaving your church or, by how many are coming? Should we not love people? Should we not try to help people? Should we not seek to be good to people? Preaching Jesus is not necessarily always about beating up on everyone. Its about loving people and showing people the better way (John 10:10). Jesus has a drawing power.

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:32).

When I was a young preacher, all the craze was about how to grow the church. Now days, it is about winning some arguments and seeing how many people can be ran off from the church. I do not understand.

Let us all love the church and seek to build it up, to the glory of God. I believe we can proclaim the truth of God and do so in such a way as to grow the church!

Glory to God, glory to God!

(Pictures here are, first a wrecked building, like the churches some wreck and destroy, and the other is a group of happy people, like I love to see in the body of Christ, loving people, who love the church and enjoy being in the body. God be praised)

No comments: